Solar Eclipse! Camp-in!
On August 21, 2017, a total solar eclipse path will stretch across the entire United States, reaching its point of greatest duration (GD) a few miles south of Carbondale. The Student Recreation Center is only a 10-minute walk to the Saluki Stadium, where Eclipse Day events will take place.
Set up camp with a maximum of two people per 10' x 10' floor space. Bring everything you need for camping; tent, cot, sleeping bag, pads, towels, toiletries. Or rent a room for your group.
Our Eclipse camper amenities include:
- 10' x 10' floor space (maximum 2 people per square)
- Affordable (see prices below)
- 10-minute walk to SIU campus
- Showers and bathrooms
- Day lockers
- Use of facility during regular operating hours.
- Within walking distance to the Amtrak station
- Cost per night for a 10' x 10' square
- Group rates