Beginner's General Physical Preparedness
- February 5: Hip Hinge, Lower Body
- February 12: Upper Body, Overhead Movements
- February 19: Abs, Core, Rotational Movements
- February 26: Full Body Functional Training
- Time: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Court-side Fitness Studio
- $30 for SIU students
- $35 for Rec members
- $45 for non-members
General Physical Preparedness is a foundational fitness program which helps individuals improve multiple aspects of physical fitness such as cardiovascular capacity, strength, power, agility, coordination, and balance.
- Meet once a week for one hour
- Basic multi-joint, compound movements in a total body workout
- Variety of exercise equipment, to include: sleds, kettle bells, slam balls, battle ropes, and free weights
- Prepare individuals in an instructional slow and steady pace for more intense exercise programs in the future.