The SIU Student Recreation Center is excited to offer an opportunity for you to become a certified scuba diver with the option of experiencing reef diving in the warm waters off the coast of Cozumel Mexico over Spring Break!
Certified dive instructor, Dwight Tungett will provide the class room and underwater instruction. Dwight is a certified Open Water Instructor for both PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors) and SDI (Scuba Diving International). Upon completion of the program held at the Rec Center, participants will have completed the online learning, classroom training, and contained water (in a swimming pool) diving. Final step toward certification requires divers to practice and demonstrate skills in an open water environment (pond, lake, ocean etc...)
Dates: Saturday, February 23 & Sunday, February 24
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: SIU Student Recreation Center, Pool
Register in-person at Member Services or
Cost of Scuba Certification:
- Students: $350
- Members: $355
- Non-members: $360
- access to an online learning component that is to be completed prior to start of class on February 23
- all scuba gear including mask, fins, Buoyancy Control Device, air tank, and wetsuit
- 16 hours of instruction at the SIU Student Recreation Center on Feb 23 and 24, 2019
- Certificate upon completion of entire course including the open water dive portion. Open water portion done either over spring break in Mexico or in June at a quarry dive site near Carbondale.
- Note, scuba diving certification does not expire once achieved!
Deadline to register for Scuba Certification class:Wednesday, February 13, 2019
For more information/questions contact Sally Wright at (618) 453-2511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.