Saluki Tri-Fitness Challenge
The 5th Annual Saluki Tri-Fitness Challenge (formerly the Indoor Ironman™) begins Monday, February 4 and will conclude on March 1. Students and members of the Student Recreation Center are invited to sign up for the challenge of completing 2 miles of swimming, running 26 miles, and 112 miles of biking over this four (4) week period. This challenge can be done individually or in teams of 3 (each completing one of the three "legs"). Those who complete the challenge will receive a one-of-a-kind 2019 Saluki Tri-Fitness t-shirt.
Registration is open for any SIU students or SRC Members looking to join the event. To do so, stop by and register at Member Services or the Personal Fitness and Wellness Studio located on the first floor of the Student Recreation Center.
Price for participation is $10 per participant.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When is the Saluki Tri-Fitness Challenge?
- Monday, February 4th – Friday, March 1st
- Can I signup after the 4th?
- Yes, however you have less days to complete the mileage
- How many people do I need for a team?
- Three people per team - $10 per person Each person is to complete one of the three events All three events have to be completed to be considered a Team Finisher
- Can I sign up for both team and Individual?
- Yes, however you will have to complete double the distance for one event
- Example: Run – 52 miles, Bike 224 miles, Swim 4 miles
- You will have to pay $20 - $10 for the individual and $10 for the team
- How do I track my miles?
- Track your own miles and log them in the Personal Fitness and Wellness Studio
- It is based on the honor system – don’t cheat yourself!
- Individual – log by last name Team – Log by team name
- How much do I have to swim?
- Short Course: 132 Lengths or 66 Laps
- Long Course : 66 Lengths or 33 Laps
- Attending Aqua Class: 10 Laps
- Can I complete the events in any order?
- Yes, you can swim and bike a few miles one day and run the next if you’d like!
- What are the pool hours?
- Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.- 9 a.m., 11 a.m.- 2 p.m., 5 p.m.- 9 p.m.
- Saturday: noon- 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m.- 8 p.m.