The RSS Competitive Sport Official is charged with ensuring fair and safe play by enforcing Competitive Sports and RSS rules, policies, and procedures during Intramural sport contests. As a group, sport officials serve as impartial arbiters, applying rules and rule interpretations on a situational basis. Through his or her actions, the RSS Sport Official serves as an educator, teaching the value of fair play, sportpersonship, emotional management, and effective communication.
- Officiate scheduled intramural sports contests and RSS special events.
- Assist the Competitive Sports Supervisor in performing routine safety inspections.
- Assist the Competitive Sports Supervisor with pre-contest and post-contest tasks.
- Assist the Competitive Sports Supervisor in enforcing Competitive Sports, RSS, and SIU rules, policies, and procedures.
- Attend all required Competitive Sports and RSS meetings and trainings.
- Complete post-game reports as required.
- A general knowledge of sports
- Ability to receive and apply constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently and with co-workers
- High degree of integrity and trustworthiness
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective customer service, conflict management, and decision making skills
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Prior Sports Officiating Experience
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification