Pool Reopening Guidelines
Effective November 20, 2020: The State of Illinois is moving to Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigation.
- Face masks are required at ALL TIMES when using the Student Recreation Center facilities, even while exercising. Masks are required on the pool deck; however, you may remove your mask upon entry to the water. When you exit the water, you must put your mask back on. If you are not wearing a mask you will be asked to leave.
- ALL locker rooms will be closed and only used for pool access
Guest Code of Conduct
- Masks are required on the pool deck; however, you may remove your mask upon entry to the water. When you exit the water, you must put your mask back on. If you are not wearing a mask you will be asked to leave.
- Gear/towel/bags may be stored on blue bench along south wall
- Please limit swim work out time to 60 min
- Masks are required
- Staff will be screened to enter through the Student Health Center, after attesting to health questions and getting their temperature checked
- Must maintain 6’ social distance with co-workers and swimmers on deck.
- Gloves are required when cleaning equipment and all touched surfaces (benches, rails, lifeguard stands, doors)
- Staff will enforce guest code of conduct
What is Available:
- Open for lap swimming only. No diving board access.
- 22 short-course lanes (alternate entry points)
- Locker rooms open – please adhere to social distance signage in locker rooms
- No one under 16 permitted in pool area during open swim times.
- 25 people on deck maximum including Lifeguard staff (22 lanes available - one person per lane)
What is NOT Available:
- Effective 11/20/20: Locker Rooms will not be available for services, only to gain access to the pool and pool deck
- No towel service will be offered, please bring your own
- No pool equipment will be available for use (kickboards, pull buoys etc), please bring your own
- Diving boards will remain closed
- Drinking fountains will be covered for your safety – Bring your own water bottle for touchless bottle filling stations
- Pool entry at each lane will be staggered to opposite sides. Do not enter lane at ORANGE CONE side
- Deck seating will be available on blue bench along south wall with grid lines on bench to ensure social distancing.
- Saunas closed