ACE Prep Course
Dates: Jun. 12 - Aug. 9
Time: 6:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
- SIU Students - $25
- RSS Members - $40
- Non-members - $55
This course is designed to give participants the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam and become effective personal trainers.This course utilizes the ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model (ACE IFT) as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each clients's unique health, fitness, and goals. The information covered in this course will help participants learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy, and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular endurance and strength, and sports performance.
Key topic areas of the course:
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology, and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavioral change, and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- The ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model (ACE IFT)
- Building rapport
- Health and exercise history information assessment
- Physiological assessments
- Programming and progressions for
- Resistance training
- Cardiorespiratory training
- Performance training
- Functional training
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice, and business strategies for personal trainers
- Special exercise programming topics including mind-body exercise, especial populations, and exercise implications of common musculoskeletal injuries
- Fees for this prep course do not include the fee for the ACE Exam.
- Fees for this prep course do not include any additional books or study materials for the ACE Exam.
- While this course will help prepare for the ACE Exam, it does not guarantee a passing grade.