SIU Competitive Sports offers nearly twenty leagues, tournaments, and contests. Intramural sports rules and procedures are heavily based on the publication of the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS), National Intramural Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA), and other relevant national associations. Rule modifications are adopted to improve the administration of the overall program and to minimize risk to all participants.
Spring 2018 IM Sports Registration and Game Play schedule
|Event||Reg. Begins||Reg. Deadline||Play Begins|
|4v4 Volleyball||Jan. 3||Jan. 17||Jan. 21|
|Basketball||Jan. 3||Jan. 17||Jan. 21|
|Cricket||Jan. 23||Feb. 7||Feb. 11|
|Pickleball||Feb. 7||Feb. 21||Feb. 26|
|Wiffleball||Feb. 7||Feb. 21||Feb. 26|
|Spikeball||Feb. 14||Feb. 28||March 5|
|4v4 Flag Football||Feb. 28||March 21||March 26|
|7v7 Soccer||Feb. 28||March 21||March 26|
|Softball||Feb. 28||March 21||March 25|
|Bags||April 4||April 18||April 23|
|Poker Night||April 9||April 25||April 29|
The competitive sport department offers SIU Students and SRC members the opportunity to participate and compete in a fun, inviting, and safe recreational sports atmosphere. Participation in Intramural Sports promotes healthy living and social interaction within the SIU Community. Students develop lifelong skills such as emotional management, teamwork, and effective communication that will benefit them in their future careers. For information regarding rules and policies, click the button below.
Competitive Sports utilizes IMLEAGUES/SIUC to manage SIU Intramural Sports. IMLEAUGES is an online, cloud-based league management system that places your intramural sporting experience in your hands. Please visit IMLEAGUES to create or join a team and to register as a free agent (individuals who are unable to find a team)
Be a part of one of the most popular student activities on campus. Competitive sports employees develop professional and personal skills such as teamwork, communication, risk management, conflict resolution, event management, and working well under pressure.
Competitive Sports is always looking for motivated students to serve as sport officials for various sports. Interested applicants should visit the RSS employment page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for IMLEAGUES?
- How do I join a team?
- Find the sport and then select the league you would like to join.
- Find your team within the league or division, click "Join Team."
- How many teams can I join within one sport?
- Each participant may play for one single-sex team and one co-recreational team per sport.
- How do I participate if I don't have a team?
- An IM Sports Free Agent at SIU is a student who wishes to participate in an IM Sports team activity and is not currently a member of a team.
- To sign up as a Free Agent, email us your name at email@example.com and we will add your name to our list.