What we are doing to keep the facility safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic:The health and safety of our campus community is our top priority.
Custodial Staff are performing the following activities to help reduce possible exposure to flu, COVID-19, and other viruses on campus:
- Wearing disposable gloves while engaged in cleaning services.
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces (e.g., tables, doorknobs, light switches, handrails, desks).
- Transitioning from routine cleaning to disinfecting activities multiple times daily.
- The cleaning of any visibly dirty surfaces will remain emphasized as part of the continued response to this emerging public health concern, followed by disinfection as a best practice measure for the prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses.
- Hand sanitizer dispensing units are located throughout the Rec Center.
Everyone can help take precautionary measures by following the everyday preventive actions for limiting the transmission of viral diseases recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid physical greetings.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.