- The Student Recreation Center will be CLOSED for Thanksgiving Break from Nov. 25 - 29
- Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigation policy updates for the SIU Student Recreation Center effective November 20, 2020:
- Face masks are required at ALL TIMES when using the Student Recreation Center facilities, even while exercising. Masks are required on the pool deck; however, you may remove your mask upon entry to the water. When you exit the water, you must put your mask back on. If you are not wearing a mask you will be asked to leave.
- The locker section of the locker rooms will be CLOSED. Access to the pool deck, showers and restrooms will still be available.
- Remote Learning/Break Hours begin on November 21
- All Group Fitness classes move on-line only starting November 23
- Update: Effective Nov. 11, all fitness classes are limited to 10 participants (1 fitness instructor + 9 participants = 10) with social distancing. This is in response to Governor Pritzker's Resurgence Mitigation plan moving to Phase 4, Tier 2.
The safety of our students, patrons, and team members is what is most important to us. The SIU Rec has always been dedicated to providing a healthy way of life for the Saluki community, and with our carefully planned Facility Guidelines, we can continue our offerings. Each of us will play an important role in making the REC a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.