The Competitive Sports Office offers SIU Students and SRC members the opportunity to participate and compete in a fun, inviting, and safe recreational sports atmosphere. Participation in Intramural Sports promotes healthy living and social interaction within the SIU Community. Students develop lifelong skills such as emotional management, teamwork, and effective communication that will benefit them in their future careers. For information regarding rules and policies, click the button below.
SIU Competitive Sports offers nearly twenty leagues, tournaments, and contests. Intramural sports rules and procedures are heavily based on the publication of the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS), National Intramural Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA), and other relevant national associations. Rule modifications are adopted to improve the administration of the overall program and to minimize risk to all participants.
Fall IM Sports Schedule
|Event||Registration Opens||Registration Ends||Play Begins||Captains Meetings||Register|
|Softball League||Aug. 15||Aug. 29||Sep. 4||Aug. 29 at 5:00 p.m.||IMLeagues|
|Tennis League||Aug. 22||Sep. 5||Sep. 10||Sep. 5 at 5:00 p.m.||IMLeagues|
|Dodgeball Tournament||Aug. 22||Sep. 5||Sep. 10||Sep. 5 at 5:30 p.m.||IMLeagues|
|Home Run Derby||Sep. 7||Sep. 21||Sep. 24|
|3v3 Basketball Contest||Sep. 10||Sep. 24||Sep. 30||Sep. 24 at 5:00 p.m.||IMLeagues|
|7v7 Flag football League||Sep. 10||Sep. 24||Sep. 30||Sep. 24 at 5:30 p.m.||IMLeauges|
|Punt, Pass & Kick Contest||Oct. 5||Oct. 19||Oct. 22|
|6v6 Volley League||Oct. 8||Oct. 22||Oct. 28||Oct. 22 at 5:00 p.m.||IMLeagues|
|Futsal (Indoor Soccer) League||Oct. 8||Oct. 22||Oct. 28||Oct. 22 at 5:30 p.m.||IMLeagues|
|Wheel of Sportune Tournament||Oct. 15||Oct. 29||Nov. 5||Oct. 29 at 5:00 p.m.||IMLeagues|
|Game Night Contest||Nov. 2||Nov. 9||Nov. 11||IMLeagues|
|Volleyball Skills Competition||Nov. 9||Nov. 23||Nov. 26|
Competitive Sports utilizes IMLEAGUES to manage SIU Intramural Sports. IMLEAUGES is an online, cloud-based league management system that places your intramural sporting experience in your hands. Please visit IMLEAGUES to create or join a team and to register as a free agent (individuals who are unable to find a team)
Be a part of one of the most popular student activities on campus. Competitive Sports employees develop professional and personal skills such as teamwork, communication, risk management, conflict resolution, event management, and working well under pressure.
Competitive Sports is always looking for motivated students to serve as sport officials for various sports. Interested applicants should visit the RSS employment page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I join a team?
- Find the sport and then select the league you would like to join.
- Find your team within the league or division, click "Join Team."
- What is the difference between an open league and a co-recreational league?
- An open league has no gender restrictions. For example, a team of five male players can play a team of five female players.
- A co-recreational league has gender-based restrictions. For example, teams must have a minimum required number of both male and female players.
- How many teams can I join within one sport?
- Each participant may play for one open league team and one co-recreational team per sport (with the exception of Tennis, which allows for singles, doubles, and mixed doubles).
- How do I participate if I don't have a team?
- An IM Sports Free Agent is a student who wishes to participate in an IM Sports team activity and is not currently a member of a team.
- To sign up as a Free Agent, email us your name, sport of interest, and desired level of competition at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your name to our list.