The Rec is home to an Olympic size pool (25 yards by 50 meters) with 1, 3, and 5-meter diving boards. Whether you swim for fitness or just for fun, you can feel at home here at the Shea Natatorium. If you are a swimming fan, cheer on our SIU Swimming and Diving teams.
The SIUC Pool has the activity for you. We host programs all through the semester for you and your friends. Come try slacklining, take our leap of faith off of the 5-meter platform, play water polo, try your hand at live-action battleship, join the Saluki Masters Swim Club, become an American Red Cross Lifeguard or Lifeguard Instructor, Learn how to Scuba Dive, or just come for a leisurely float.
Don’t know how to swim? The pool can still be one of your top destinations. SIU Recreational Sports and Services hosts swim lessons for both Adults or Kids. Our Pool clinics are perfectly designed to help you start your journey as a swimmer, and our youth swim lessons are open to all kids ages 6 months old and up. We host private lessons for all ages, too, if you want one on one instruction.
Come splash with us in Aquatics!
- Long course (50 meters) will be available on Friday Mornings from 6-9 am starting 9/3/21
- Diving Boards are available Friday Evenings, All day Saturday, All Day Sunday, starting 9/3/21
- Private Swim Lessons Are available starting 9/6/21. Lessons are in quantities of 5 35 minute lessons. $115 for Community $105 for students: Follow this link to register for your spot today.
- Youth Swim Lessons are Back at the REC! Our New and Improved Classes are designed for YOUR child's needs. Follow this link to register.
$55 for Community, $45 for Students/Members
Pool to Pro Clinics:
Our New Pool to Pro Clinics are 4 step programs to go from non-swimmer to swimming for fitness. This clinic-style program is a 6-week program, each 45-minute clinic. If you can swim, but want to improve or just want stroke technique work, this program has a spot for you. Follow this link to register.
$70 for Community, $60 for Students/Members
- Swimming Basics 101
- Swimming Basics 201
- Swimming 301- Intermediate
- Swimming 401- Advanced