Join us in celebrating recreational sports and fitness on Thursday, February 22 with a host of fun activities for all ages.
Every year, on the day commemorating National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association's (NIRSA) founding — February 22, 1950 — we join with other universities across the United States and Canada to celebrate campus recreation.
On this day, as with every day, we remember the vision set in motion by Dr. William Wasson and his colleagues at the first NIRSA Conference: to celebrate health, activity, competition, and inclusivity.
RSS members and students alike are encouraged to bring a friend as part of our Free Friend Day promotion.
We also have a slew of activities planned for the day and they are listed below.
- Slack Line over the Pool
- Group Fitness Classes
- Intramural Spikeball, Bags and Teqball tournaments
- Pull up bar competition
- Indoor Climbing Wall Activities with Base Camp
- Free Fitness assessments for students (contact Sydney.firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time)
- Limited number of free shirts
- Free fruit and granola bars