Whether you are looking for an on-campus job or a graduate assistantship, RSS has a wide variety of experiences that are bound to meet your needs and help you achieve your goals. This is a place to learn and develop professional skills, meet new people, build your resume, and grow as a student within a positive, friendly, and supportive environment.
Apply to the following student positions:
- RSS Member Services - Clerical (Summer 2018)
- Programs Manager
- Climbing Wall Manager
- Custodial Attendant
- Customer Service Attendant (Summer only)
- Certified CPR Instructor
- Fitness – Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Fitness – Certified Personal Trainer
- Fitness – Non-Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Fitness – Non-certified Personal Trainer
- Base Camp Attendant
- Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Grounds and Maintenance Attendant
- Sports Official
- Access Inclusive Recreation (AIR) Fitness Partner
- Employment Materials
- Employment Resources
Who can apply?
SIU Students only.
SIU Students are only able to work on the SIU Carbondale campus if you meet one of the following requirements:
For complete student enrollment requirements please read the Student Employment Handbook provided by the Financial Aid Office.
Please note that all applications must be completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications can only be taken online. No hand-written applications will be accepted. Recreational Sports and Services will keep your application active for 1 year unless you request removal. If your contact information changes, if you gain additional work experience or earn additional certifications that may enhance your application, please bring that information to the RSS Administrative Office or submit a new application.