RSS has a wide variety of undergraduate student employment opportunities to help students prepare for their career goals. This is a place to learn and develop professional skills, meet new people, build your resume, and grow as a student within a positive, friendly, and supportive environment.
Apply to the following student positions:
|Administration, Business Office and Member Services|
|Member Services-Clerical (Fall 2018)|
|Customer Service Attendant (Fall 2018)|
|Certified CPR Instructor|
|Competitive Sports Clerical|
|Custodial Attendant (Female only)|
|Custodial Attendant (Evening/Overnight)|
|Grounds and Maintenance Attendant|
|Access Inclusive Recreation Fintess Partner|
|Non-Certified Group Fitness Instructor|
|Non-Certified Personal Trainer|
|Certified Personal Trainer|
|Certified Group Fitness Instructor|
|Climbing Wall Manager|
|Base Camp Attendant|
- Employment Materials
- Quick Steps
- Detailed Instructions
These will be completed electronically within the HireTouch system. You will receive notification through your @siu.edu email address when they are available for completion. Forms completed by hand can no longer be accepted.
- Student Employment Referral Form – you submitted this at the time of your application but if it is dated more than 30 days from the time you are completing your paperwork, please upload a more recent version. If you are a student who is not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, please be sure this form also includes your visa verification form.
- Federal/State Withholding Allowance Certificate W-4 – complete both in their entirety making sure your social security number and date of birth show on the federal W-4. Electronically sign and print.
- Student Employment Data form – complete in its entirety. Electronically sign and print.
- Authorization for Electronic Direct Deposit (EDD) of student pay – fully complete including bank city and state, routing number and account number. Electronically sign and print.
- Ethics Training for Student Employees – read training material provided. Electronically sign to indicate you completed the training and print.
- Illinois Mandated Reporter Acknowledgement Form – read, complete fields and print.
- Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Form – complete section 1 only. Print the document. Note on page 3 that documentation must be provided when you bring your onboarding documents to the Student Recreation Center Administrative Office for finalization. You need:
- one document from List A
- one document from List B and one document from List C
Only original documents can be accepted for the I-9 form. The University is not allowed to accept copies, pictures or faxes of the documents.
- one document from List A
- Current Class Schedule – you submitted this at the time of your application but if it is for a different semester than which you are being hired, please upload a current class schedule.