2020 Love at First Onsight
Love at First Onsight is Valentine's Day themed Climbing Competition hosted by Touch of Nature's Base Camp at the SIU Student Recreation Center's indoor climbing wall.
Saturday, February 15, 2020
$35 - Pre-registration until February 1, 2020
$40 - February 2 - Day of Event Registration
Check in at 8:00 am.
The event begins at 9:00 am.
3 Climbing sessions: 9am-11am; 11:30am-1:30pm; 2pm-4pm
Register at Member Services or by clicking the button below.
The routes on our 28-foot high indoor rock climbing wall are reset every semester. You don’t have to be familiar with rock climbing or have your own equipment to use the Climbing Wall.
- Climbing Wall Facility: Free
- Hardware: Free
- Shoes: Free
- Belay Check: Free
- 3 simulated faces including slab, overhanging, and vertical top sections.
- New So iLL climbing holds provide a bright and dynamic climbing experience
- (Brand)Auto-Belay system
Getting the hang of climbing upside down is easy with the Bouldering Cave System. The Bouldering Cave includes overhangs from 45-90° and is located under the central staircase in the lower level of the Student Recreation Center.
- Sign in at the equipment desk when climbing during operating hours. While climbing in the cave, sign in on the clipboard!
- Individuals are required to wear closed toed shoes while climbing. Climbing shoes are available for rent at the equipment desk.
- Climbers cannot utilize their own hardware. Individuals wishing to belay in the facility may utilize aperture style or assisted locking devices provided by Touch of Nature's Basecamp. These may be checked out at the equipment desk.
- Climbers may not boulder past the designated line on the climbing wall. Individuals bouldering should have spotters.