Things to know before you begin to register:
- In order to get member rates for paid programs, you must first be a member. If you are not a current member but are in the process of becoming a member, first buy your membership. Then in a second separate transaction, you can purchase the program at the member rate.
- Only locker renewals can be done online. First-time locker rentals MUST be purchased in person at the Member Services window during their open hours.
- To renew a membership online, you must be purchasing the same membership. Any change in date duration or category (ex: Semester to Annual, Community to Faculty/staff) is considered a new membership and must be purchased accordingly.
- To Renew a membership/locker once logged in, click on your username in the upper right, then select “Profile”. On the left of that page under “Personal Information”, select Memberships (or Locker) and a button will be there that says “Renew”.
- A primary member must have a current membership in order for another person linked to them to purchase/renew.
- Items that cannot be purchased online include: one-day guest pass
Are you . . .
- A current member but this is the first time you are using the online portal (online.rec.siu.edu)?
- A brand new member that would like to sign up for memberships or classes?
- Click the "Sign Up" in the upper right corner.
- Fill out the "New User Account" info page
- Click "Register"
Are you . . .
- A currently an SIU student, Faculty/Staff, or Emeritus?
- A member who has previously created an account with online.rec.siu.edu?
- Click the "Log In" in the upper right corner.
- Use your SIU Network ID and password to log-in.
- Select your item to purchase